Monday, July 23, 2018

Wrestling with God

From the title of this week's email, you can only imagine what took place. This week was eventful to say the least. Probably one of the best weeks I have had in a while! Here are some of the things that happened.

• I had an eye appointment this week to see why my eyes have been hurting. They said that I need reading glasses... I have yet to buy any, mostly because I would have to sell my soul for how expensive they are. Oh wait... Redheads don't have souls. I'll have to think of something else to sell then. Maybe some pass along cards? A book of mormon? Hahaha

• We had our very first official interviews with our new Mission President, President Guthrie. I love that man! I truly do miss President Hall, but I love President Guthrie. I am really impressed with how well he is doing as a Mission President. He has never been in a calling in the church that allowed him to go to a ward council... ever! During the interview, I told him how much I love and cherish my family and friends. I talked about the highs and lows of the mission. And then we ended talking about the fun things I have done. Like, skydiving with my boi Brandon Young! That is still one of my favorite things I have ever done!

• We had a recent convert temple night this Friday! Danelle from Seabrook messages me and Elder Johnson, and asked if we could go with her. So, we did! Haha, I am so grateful for the Priesthood, for being worthy to hold it, and for the temple! I could feel the spirits there that were waiting for us to help in their eternal progression.

These past few weeks, I have been challenging myself to do something I have never really done before... As I have been striving to become more consecrated, I have noticed that my mighty prayers have dwindled. So, I made the resolution to shape up, and become the disciple I am meant to be.

I have been keeping a prayer journal next to me as I pray. Every time a thought (that is good) comes into my head, I write it down. By doing this, I am more able to actually see with my own eyes the revelation my loving Father in Heaven sends to me. 

In Enos 1:2, 4 it says

2 And I will tell you of the wrestle which I had before God, before I received a remission of my sins.
4 ...and I kneeled down before my Maker, and I cried unto him in mighty prayer and supplication for mine own soul; and all the day long did I cry unto him...

As I have done as Enos of old has shown us, I have felt the hand of God in my life more than ever! This is more of a testimony builder than anything! Prayer works! I know, because I have done it with a "humble heart and contrite spirit".

I challenge each of you for this next week to keep a prayer journal next to you as you pray. So will you do it? Of course you will! I know how awesome each of you are!! I am also very excited to hear all the responses from all of you about your experiences! ðŸ˜‰

I love all y'all!

-Elder J.T.Yates


 Elder James' last District Council. So we had to take the stereotypical "funeral" or "death" photos! Haha



Elder James made himself a Post-it tab beard. I am going to miss this guy.

 Me, Elder Johnson, President Guthrie, and Danelle at the Temple! 

 Me, Jose (the member who came with us), and Elder Johnson.

 Photos of one of the most beautiful temples in the world!!




No comments:

Post a Comment