Tuesday, July 10, 2018

In Christ alone

I had such a great week! We had a week where our schedule wasn't very different than most weeks. What made the difference was my mindset that I had. I have been working on becoming consecrated, and this is a hard process...

President Hall had given us a challenge for the month of July before he left. He challenged us to study the Atonement of Jesus Christ everyday, and gave us an outline to help our studies. Through this study, I have been able to feel my Savior's love.

In my studies this morning, I was reading out of Mosiah chapters 2 through 5. In these chapters, I lost count of how many times it said "only through the name of Jesus Christ are we saved", or something along those lines. This single principle answers so many doctrinal questions.

In Mosiah 3:12 it says, "...salvation cometh to none such except it be through repentance and faith on the Lord Jesus Christ."

I love how repentance and faith are inseparable. As we have faith, it leads us to act. And when we act on our faith, we repent of the things we have done in our lives that don't align with the Savior's will.

Only through Christ are we saved and brought unto our Heavenly Father. This is my purpose as a missionary; to serve others, and help them come unto Christ. I know that as we increase our faith in Christ and repent daily of the small and simple things, we will see our days, weeks, and life become so much better than we could hope for.

I love y'all!

-Elder J.T.Yates

 My favorite Vietnamese Elder, Elder Nguyen.

 President and Sister Guthrie!!! I love them so much!

Elder Nguyen feeding a homeless cat some squid.

This dude this morning bought 400 oranges! 

No comments:

Post a Comment