Monday, July 16, 2018

Our love for God

This week was yet another great week! There were it's ups and downs, but it all-in-all was great! 

Good things:
• I have been getting better at both basketball and volleyball!
• I was able to help people come closer to Christ!
• Elder James and I are still getting along great!

"Bad" things:
• I ate Burger King and about died... Haha, it wrecked my stomach.
• I wasn't able to learn anymore Vietnamese. But, I will get there! :)

Obviously the "bad" things weren't really there. There might have been more, but I didn't really dwell on them. And because of that, I was able to see all the tender mercies that the Lord was so gracious to give to me. 

In D&C 57:9 it says, "Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things." How great a commandment is that? It says ALL things doesn't it? This us honestly one of the most challenging things for me to do. Even while rolling around on the floor because I ate Burger King. ;)

This one scripture that was given to Joseph Smith, told to him not only to thank God in all things, but to love God with all your heart, might, mind, and strength. I love how the Lord always re-states these commandments.

My challenge to all of you is... This week, for 7 days, thank our Heavenly Father for EVERYTHING! The good, and the bad. By doing this, I promise that you will feel more of God's love in your life! God never falls short on His promises, let's not fall short on ours.

I love all of you!

-Elder J T.Yates

The long awaited tag picture.


On exchanges, Elder Mangum and I got "Snoot Flutes"!! 

 One of our investigator's dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment