This last week was a little stressful and hectic. With having our quarterly temple trip, Elder James' departing and final interview with President Guthrie, to then having Elder James' departing temple trip, and finally with having to drop him off at the mission office yesterday afternoon... There wasn't as much work in this area as one would hope for. But, I tried to make it the best I could.
With the "death" of a missionary, brings new challenges. You have to then go from having a companion who is literally going home in less time than you have months in the mission field. To then having a companion who has been out less than you. It is a strange transition, but one that I am excited to experience.
My new companion is Elder Loveridge! He is from West Jordan, Utah. Him and I actually served around each other before when I was in League City. He has been on his mission since August of last year, and will actually be hitting his year mark in 11 days. He is incredibly talented when it comes to almost anything music oriented.
Oh how I love the Lord. He truly has helped me in all that I have done here in the mission. Our loving Heavenly Father has a plan for each of us! I know that He has been with me throughout my entire life! He has especially been watching over and protecting me as I have been serving Him, and His children in this part of His vineyard.
I love each of you! I don't want you to feel like I just say that to say it. I really mean it! I know that I am terrible at responding to emails... There are many of you who have written me in the past, and I am not able to respond... I hope and pray that y'all can forgive me. Again, I love all y'all!
-Elder J.T.Yates
Elder James and I before he left
Elder Loveridge and I in the crib
When the Camden Boizzz get the club goin up with Cactus Cooler!
Can you spot the Texas Jack-Rabbit?




No comments:
Post a Comment