Monday, June 25, 2018

Drawing ideas from the heart

This week was great! Getting to know Elder James is great! He works really hard, and loves the work, so it is as Tony the Tiger says, "It's Greeeeaaaaaattt!!" It rained soooo hard 2 days in a row, and gave me a little bit of PTSD from Harvey. Haha, but Elder James and I didn't care! We went out and biked, walked, and ran in the rain to our appointments!

We had a fun time this week working on our vision, goals, and plans for myself, our companionship, and the zone. And, I love it! I love being able to think about what I can do to better improve my own testimony, the work in the area, and for the other missionaries around me! Being able to reach deep down inside, then look and behold at what I have done.

Being able to look inside yourself and then take what you have done and then improve upon that takes a lot of humility and faith. I know that this is truly a skill only developed upon relying on the Lord. I have been getting closer to achieve this, yet I feel so far. 

This is a short email, but the message is still there. I promise in the name of Jesus Christ that as you humbly come before Him in prayer and ask for help in what you do, He will help you think of ideas of how to help the people in your surrounding areas. I know this with all my heart! I am so grateful for the gift of Christ and His gospel. I love all of you!

-Elder J.T.Yates

 Pictures of Elder James and I 


A sweet drawing that I have been working on for a while.

Bro. McClendon from the ward. He served his mission with my papa!! #smallworld

No comments:

Post a Comment