Monday, June 18, 2018

Goodbyes and Hellos

I got transferred! I am now in Richmond in the Memorial Ward. Man, it really sucks leaving. But, I know that I am moving into bigger and better things! The Lord has a lot in store for each of us. It's my turn to now find out what that is for my life and missionary work!

This past week however was amazing! Elder Fisher, Gilleland, and I worked as hard as we could, knowing that one of us were leaving. Not knowing who, we each set individual goals to push ourselves to serve those in both the West University and the Macgregor Wards.

You could say that this was blind faith. Working as hard as we could not knowing what was going to happen. This type of work, helps me know that God is there. As I am walking forward in a dark room, with only enough light to lead me a couple of steps ahead of me, I am always increasing my faith in the Savior!

I have always had a hard time with goodbyes... They are awful. These goodbyes include leaving an area, leaving a companion, friends or family pass away, etc. But, there is always a brighter future! This is through the Atonement of Jesus Christ!

I testify in the name of Jesus Christ and know that through the Atonement, everything, and I mean EVERYTHING can be made better! I have personally experienced this in my life.

I love my Savior, my Redeemer, my Lord, my Brother, and my Advocate. He is to me, all of these and more! He has blessed my life in more ways than I ever though possible. 

I love this work, and know that it is true. I know because I have prayed, and then went out and did what my Heavenly Father has asked of me. I know because I have experienced the blessings that come from this Gospel. 

I love you all! As always!

-Elder J.T.Yates

 Downtown from on of our investigators' houses

 I saw my boy Elder Whetzel!!

A flippin' cardboard castle! This homeless man has got it good!

The first District pic in this area! #RichmondGang




No comments:

Post a Comment