Monday, June 11, 2018

Impressions....

This week was great! I can't believe it's already Monday again! It has blown my mind how quickly time has gone by these past 5 weeks. It just feels like yesterday that I was put into a trio.

Elder Gilleland, Fisher, and I all were trying to work really hard this past week. We haven't seen a ton of success in our finding. But, our efforts sure did pay off! Last night, marking the end of our week, we received a text from our Ward Mission Leader thanking us for all the hard work we have done. He then went on to say that we have earned the trust of the ward, and if we need anything, to not hesitate and ask. That, for me is a huge task to accomplish, and one that is payment for our hard work!

We have been experimenting with new foods and trying to up our cooking game. This is one of the most impossible things to do. I bet you could make a reality TV show out of it. But, in the process, we found about 5 fast food places around us that have meals under $5 and can fill you up! Hahaha

We have also been trying to get "RIPPED"! This is really hard to do! But, the effects are slowly setting in as the three of us work our hardest. Not just spiritually, but physically.

As I was studying last night, I had a very strong impression from the Spirit that I should write my email about impressions. Why that is, I have no idea. But, what the Spirit tells me to do, I do it. 

When I think of this Celestial Principle, I often question what an "impression" feels like. Well, what does it feel like to you? Go on... Think about it for a second.

Okay, back to impressions. :) For me, I feel the Spirit in many ways. The most common for Elder Yates is a burning excitement in my chest. But, this doesn't last for long... I think of it like an impression someone can make in the sand. When you walk along the beach and come across a patch of sand which has been soaking in the ocean water, you make an impression. But if you watch it, it will eventually be washed away by the constant force of the waves.

If I receive an impression, and I dont act on it fast, it will eventually dissapear from the constant force of the adversary and the "wordly" influences. Like a footprint, the spirit can be flooded by outer forces that we can't control. 

I have asked myself so many times if this is me, and if I am not acting fast enough. Other times, I question if it is an impression from the Spirit of not. Then I remember this...

Moroni 7:12

 "Wherefore, all things which are good cometh of God..."

Remembering this, helps me know that anything that comes into my head, if it be good, comes from God and I should act on that thought! 

I testify in the name of Jesus Christ that as you act on impressions from the Spirit as soon as you receive them, you will be more blessed than you already are. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that this is His church. That no other church has the authority to have the saving ordinances required for the Celestial Kingdom. I love you all and wish you a blessed week!

-Elder J.T.Yates
 The three of us with one of our favorite investigators, Sean!


A FLIPPIN' FERRARI next to a Mercedes-Benz.

A book I will need for when I become a parent. Haha


Me, Elder Gilleland, and Elder Fisher after helping someone move. And on top of the parking garage. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment