In Alma 32:21 it says... "And now as I said concerning faith—faith is not to have a perfect knowledge of things; therefore if ye have faith ye hope for things which are not seen, which are true."
I have used this particular verse to explain how faith is for me. I don't have to know everything with a perfect knowledge. I just have to have a hope for things which are true. I know that what I am teaching is true.
My favorite memory that I have had while on this mission was being stuck inside for 3 days during Harvey. I had a lot of time to think about my faith and where my knowledge lied in the Savior Jesus Christ. I loved being able to come closer to Him as I pondered upon the things that I knew would bring me closer to my own personal testimony.
I love this verse because of how much it clarifies to us of what faith really is. Faith for me is exactly what this verse says. I love not knowing when the second coming will happen. Because, I have the faith that when it does, I will be able to come out conqueror over the devil and his followers.
Through studying this verse, this week was a lot better than last! Just looking at the impact that one verse can have. Joseph Smith with James 1:5. Myself with Alma 32:21.
What will your verse be?
love all of you!!
-Elder J.T.Yates
Sister See and I. She gave me a cookbook and 2 fannypacks!
Myself eating a humongous onion ring along with homemade frysauce. 
Elder Whetzel and I as trolls after some service.
Elder Whetzel and I in front of one of the Mercury mission rockets. #Friendship7




No comments:
Post a Comment