But, someone recently reminded me of one of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon. 2 Nephi 31:20.
" 20 Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life."
I know that I have used this particular verse before, but this has really helped me when I feel like I am not going where I want to go. I love this verse because I am always comparing myself to others, but as I have been working on this, I just remember that as I "press forward" in Christ, I will always amount up to what I am reaching for.
Though my weeks have been hard, I have always been able to rely on my Savior for help in achieving my goals. He helps me through the refiner's fire and the fuller's soap. He is what turns me into the man I want to become. I know that as I am true to the covenants that I have made, everything will turn out.
Like my friend Domingo Noriega, "Everything will come to pass". These words have resonated within my soul for these past 9 months and have helped me in so many ways!
I love all of you!
- Elder J.T.Yates
Elder Ferrero, Elder Fleming and I
Elder Whetzel and I
Elder Fleming with his birthday pie
A "Texan" card (a man-card, but Texan)




No comments:
Post a Comment