On Tuesday of this last week, there was an ice storm warning that went across the area telling us to stay inside. The temperature dropped below 20 for about 2 days and everything froze! There were some plants that I grabbed and they broke in my hands like glass, it was super weird.
During that time of being locked inside, I had plenty of time to reflect on my missionary work. I realized that when I was at home, and when I go back home is where the real missionary work is! Member missionary work is the most essential when it comes to having people come unto Christ by being baptized.
A statistic showed that the chances and the likelihood of someone being baptized IF they have a member friend almost doubled! Think about that! IF each of us found a friend that we knew could accept the Gospel and would thrive in it, the world would be a lot more unified and would have a lot of people really converted to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I really started to regret my choices in the past when I though about all the times that I could've taken someone under my wing and really helped them come closer to Christ. But, from my last email... "No unchanged thing will even want to" enter into the Kingdom of God. Well, I can testify to you with a certainty of heart that I have been changed! I have been molded by my mission, and have been a witness to the blessings of the Atonement.
My heart is changed, now... Is yours? How many times are we "humbled" by the spirit and move on with life hoping that we can just forget? Because if you are a normal human being like I am, it happens a lot more than anyone would want to admit.
In one of my favorite scriptures of all time it says:
"27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
I love this scripture because of the promise that He makes at the end. If I humble myself, then God promises to strengthen me. Isn't that incredible? How many weaknesses do we all have? Think of how many strengths we can then have through the power of His Amazing Grace!
I can testify that even in our darkest times, in our weakest moments, and in our most difficult adversities, Christ wants to make us better! It is only up to us to make those our strongest attributes.
I love all of you! I know that as you really and truly humble yourselves and become that Disciple of Christ that we all need to be, and help bring others into the Gospel, we can become the happiest that we can ever be!
-Elder J.T.Yates
1) Danelle's baptism and every missionary that has helped her come into baptism!
2) Free food that we received after a food truck service that we did at a Methodist church.
3) The biggest freaking meal I have ever had!! It's not even the "Texas size"!!! The Texas size is double that chicken and double the sides!! Like, WHAAAAA???
4) I also didn't know that Hell could freeze over... Haha




No comments:
Post a Comment