Tuesday: In the morning, we went down to Bacliff to try and see a recent convert, Julie. She ended up not being there, so we knocked doors for an hour or so. Which, in Bacliff is scary sometimes. Luckily it was cold outside so there wasn't anyone outside that was very sketchy. Haha, in the afternoon/evening, we went to Sister See's home. Her and her family have been feeding the missionaries for over 40 years, and almost every week!! That is a lot of charity!
Wednesday: The morning hours are usually pretty boring, but on Wednesday morning, we went to a Less-Active member's home, Brother Falcon. He is a very deep thinker, and when he reads something in the scriptures, it is basically doctrine. So, whenever anyone says anything that is contradicting, he flips out. But, when we visited him, we just talked about what he wanted to talk about, that way we knew that we would be good.
Thursday: Thursday was crazy! We had District Council from 9:30 to 11. Then we had interviews with President and Sister Hall as well as the APs. That went really good, as always, and then we went to Taco Bell for lunch with the Spanish Elders in the District. It rained like crazy! Nothing like Harvey, but it was still enough to get my clothes soaked from standing in the rain for like 2 minutes... Oh well, it's Texas so there's not much you can do about it. We visited a couple recent converts and shared uplifting messages with them. To end the night, we helped the South Shore Elders move one of their members. That was a work out! I tell you what!!
Friday: Like most Fridays, we started at an Episcopal Church and helped with their garden. Honestly, I love helping them! I am able to learn a lot from them about the Apocrypha. Not something that you'd think that I would learn about on the mission. We then went to our Bishop's house to watch President Monson's funeral and have some lunch with them. The funeral was so great!! The spirit was very strong and made me cry a little. We visited Brother McCutcheon this week, can't have a week without him! Haha, he is really close to being fully active again!! We had some bomb home-made burgers with some extra gouda cheese... Oh yeah!
Saturday: We had a bomb lesson with Sharon this morning! She had been being taught in the past, about a year ago in Friendswood. She accepted a baptismal date for Feb. 10th! Our day was mostly sitting inside because we hadn't done weekly planning for the whole week, so we were trying to keep from not going insane. After weekly planning, we went back over to Brother McCutcheon's house to help him clean part of his house.
Sunday: We had a nice long day of meetings today! We had Correlation with our Ward Mission Leader, Ward Council, Church, and then had Danelle's baptismal interview. We helped out a member in the ward who's house was flooded. We ended our night by eating dinner at a family's home who I now love! They are so great and love doing missionary work, so I am going to be working with them a lot more lately!
Alright, now that is done and over with, something that I want to talk about is Grace. What is Grace? How do we apply it? Well, there is a fantastic talk given by Brad Wilcox called "His Grace is Sufficient". In that talk he gives the example of drawing 2 dots at opposite ends of the paper, and told someone to draw a line representing how much of that distance Christ fills in, with a couple failed attempts, he went on to say that there was no line, but instead Christ covered ALL of it. He didn't just pay everything but a few coins, He payed ALL of it.
Another quote that I love from that same talk is, "No unclean thing can enter the kingdom of God, but no UNCHANGED thing will even want to." I can testify that through Christ's Atonement, everything can and will be forgiven. I know that even though we may feel like we are too far away from a return to Him. But, as He says in the scriptures,
"21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven."
If Christ can forgive us EVERY TIME, how often should we keep returning to Him? Every time!
I love the Savior and love His Gospel. I know it's true! I invite you to find that same testimony.
- Elder J.T.Yates
Me in a fire retardant suit.
Elder Fleming and I after helping Brother McCutcheon.
Elder Whetzel and I post-exercise.



No comments:
Post a Comment