In the beginning of the week, I was able to go on exchanges with Elder Heider. He is currently serving in the Vietnamese Branch. He and I were talking about ways that we want to do better at our missionary work, and we both agreed to keep each other accountable by staying positive throughout the entire week. So far, we have both been doing pretty good!
Our p-day last week literally felt like it was in hyper-drive with Chewbacca driving the Millennium Falcon! After p-day ended, we had a seriously awesome lesson with one of the people we are teaching! He is having a really difficult time with some things. We promised him some very powerful blessings if he reads the Book of Mormon and prays everyday! Then on Tuesday, we texted him and he said "It's working! :D" MAN!!! I am so pumped!
Sister Sanders was the member who had the birthday. She is seriously so amazing! She has changed my life for the better, and is such a great example for charity!
Philippians 4:13 says, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me". I love this verse of simple truth. So many times I myself have relied too much on my own strength. But, I know what this scripture says truly invites the Spirit, improves your testimony, and helps you do all things.
As all of you go throughout this next week, I invite you to rely more on the Lord. When you come to a crossroads or a decision, say a little prayer. Ask the Lord for help. He wants to help us! I promise that you will recieve the help that you desire, and deserve!
I love you all so much!
-Elder J.T.Yates
The squad pulling up and doing some service
Call me Anh cả Thành. That is my Vietnamese name!
A super cool colored sunset!



No comments:
Post a Comment