So, Monday was our "Mission Tour". The last mission tour that the great THSM had was with Elder Zwick in February of 2017, just before I got here. But, I was more than happy to have Elder Peiper come!
Before he got here, my first thoughts were of wishing that I could go out and work with him. I never thought it would come true. So just before he got here, President Guthrie sent a message out to all the Zone Leaders and asked if there was any companionships who we thought would be good for Elder or Sister Peiper, or President and Sister Guthrie to come out with them. We asked if President Guthrie could come with us, since he has been trying to come out with us for so long. President Guthrie then set a time to come out with us.
The day of, President Guthrie said that Elder Peiper would come out with us instead! So elder Loveridge and I were both a little nervous, and super excited that we would be getting a General Authority to come proselyting with us.
While he was with us, he taught us to not waste the Lord's time on those children who have a hardened heart. He truly followed and lived by the Spirit to help find those "elect".
During our conference on Monday, we were taught multiple things. The teaching that stood out to me the most, which I need to work on the most, is daily goals. Elder Loveridge and I have been applying this to the best of our abilities thus far.
Elder Peiper spoke of how the 12 Apostles have the same calling that we have, to declare the Gospel to the world, and represent the Savior. As he spoke of this, he talked about how if we want to become the missionaries that Heavenly Father knows we can be, then we must not only "begin with the end in mind", but also have plans to reach the end.
As we start our day, we read out of the White Handbook, to help us understand the standards we are expected to keep. We then review the progress of the people we are teaching. From there, we make plans and set goals to help them become a disciple of Jesus Christ.
As we have set daily goals and plans for the people that we have been teaching, I have seen the Spirit flow into their lives. This is something that I have always desired. And now I know how.
After we have planned for our day, we set daily goals for ourselves personally, and as a companionship. These goals that we set go along with our plans for our day, they help us stretch, and most importantly, they give us the direction needed to achieve our highest potential for the day.
I am not the best missionary, planner, or human being, but I am the best me.
I love all of you!
-Elder J.T.Yates
A better picture of Elder Peiper and I.
The re-united trio!
A massive (and dead) Cicada. I hate these things.
On exchanges with Elder Leary, we met these 2 little awesome kids.




No comments:
Post a Comment