Monday, September 17, 2018

Patience young Padawan

Throughout the last 17.5 months that I have been away from home, I have learned one thing for sure. Patience is a virtue. This week was a great week! It flew by again, and I can't believe that I am writing another weekly email home!

As for things that I am struggling with (we all do, just admit it), is having patience. There are so many things that I miss and want to do from home. But, I know that they will be there when I get home! :)

Alma 26:27 says, "Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success."

The things that I am learning patience with aren't necessarily "afflictions", but I know that as I am patient in the things the Lord has commanded me to do, as this promise says "I will give unto you success". All I desire is to be fully converted unto the Lord. These days we are living in are perilous and are becoming more difficult.

I promise that as you have patience in your "afflictions" that the Lord truly will give you success! I can promise this as a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in His name! 

I love that the Lord has given us so much instruction and guidance as to how we can survive in our day. I know way too many "lost sheep", and fear for them. But, just as this scripture says... Be patient! :) Look unto Christ with a perfect brightness of hope and with an eye single to His glory! By doing this, your light will shine unto those who are going through a difficult path in life.

I know that this Gospel is true. I know that this is the ONLY true and living church on the Earth. As Elder Peiper said to us a few weeks ago, "this is the only church on the Earth to have actually been started by the Savior Himself!" I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that if we truly do have patience in our trials and afflictions, the Lord will bless us

I love y'all so much! Please be patient and have hope! This is the Lord's work! 

-Elder J.T.Yates


The smallest snake I have ever caught in my life!

"Pug Life"

The jackpot of the "lisence plate game". Haha

Elder Loveridge and I in the attic of the Dairy Ashford Building. 

A painting of Angel Moroni by someone being taught in Victoria.







No comments:

Post a Comment