Monday, May 7, 2018

Father and son reunite

This week was awesome! First off, last Monday... I bought a flip flappin' Cowboy Hat!! It was totally worth it. That was basically all we did on P-day last week. We were able to have 2 exchanges last week! One with the APs and one with the Memorial Park 1st Elders. On Tuesday, I went up into the AP areas, and we were able to speak a little Chinese, Burmese, Spanish, and Quiche. The gift of tongues!! Throughout the week, we saw many mini miracles! One of my favorites was when we had Rob's baptism. During the baptism our recent convert, Tommy Jammer, who was just baptized last week, gave one of the best talks on baptism that I have ever heard!

On Friday, we got a call from my trainer, Elder Smedley! He was in town and wanted to go out to lunch with me! So, we went to Ray's BBQ. I freaking love that place! It was so good being able to see him after 9 months! There were many inside jokes that were shared. Most of them, I couldn't remember until I was sitting right next to him. Man, it was so good!

Now, concerning the Prodigal Son... I absolutely love this story! This is such a great story and parable of our lives. I have spoken many times in the past about becoming better to return to live with God. I love this story! How often do we feel like we aren't good enough to return to God? For me, I feel this a lot. Especially now as a missionary. I always feel like I am not measuring up to my potential, and in some cases this is true. But, I know that I will never be able to make it. Not as just myself. I need Christ and His Atonement. Without it, I can't do anything.

In the last part of the story, that Prodigal Son realizes where he is living, what he has done with his life, and where he could be. So, he just settles with being a servant for his father. When he returns, his fathers sees him from a far way off, and runs to him. Kissing him on his cheek, and giving him sandals, the best rings, and a robe made of the finest material. Quoting 3 Nephi 14:11... " If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

Like is says, if we being the evil humans that we are, know how to give those good gifts. How much more will our Heavenly Father, who is perfect, give those perfect gifts. I can't wait to return to my Heavenly Father and receive those things. Just as the Prodigal Son, we can ALL return to live with our Father! I love this Gospel and the blessings that come from it! I am so grateful for the wonderful love that is shown to us every day! 

-Elder J.T.Yates

Me with my Cowboy Hat


 Elder Smedley with the crew 


The waterfall structure in the Galaria

Our first tri-panionship picture! (With my new haircut that I did this morning)

No comments:

Post a Comment