To start, Elder Larsen and I had a great exchange on Tuesday.
He is such a hard worker and has become so much more consecrated than I
am at the moment. But, as I have been striving to become more like the
Savior, consecration is key. On our exchange, we talked about why we
need to talk to everyone. Even the rich white people (Those are the
scariest). We biked all day, around 15-20 miles with our bikes on 3/8
gears the whole time. My legs were burning by the end of the night. But,
I loved every minute of it!
The
coolest experience out of that whole day was when we stopped to talk to
a Spanish dude. He had his car parked on the side of the road with the
hood up, and looked frustrated as ever. When we stopped to talk to him,
as expected, he didn't know much English... So, with the little and very
broken Spanish that I know, I was able to talk to him for a few
minutes. We found out that his car had overheated and he needed it to
cool down. I offered him my last water bottle, knowing that he needed it
more than me. We gave him the number for the Spanish missionaries in
the area, and wished him a good day. And that was it. But that one
experience of me speaking very broken, almost shattered Spanish, was one
I will never forget.
Throughout
the week, we had appointments on the opposite ends of the universe.
Since we are now covering 2 wards (West University & MacGregor), we
have been trying to figure out how in the cuss to work both of them.
But, President Hall has counseled us to put the majority of our efforts
into MacGregor. 90% of the population in the West University Ward
boundaries is stuck-up, stand-offish, rich white people. So, in other
words, they don't want to talk to us filthy trash.
We
signed up to feed this Less Active dude's cat... And that was probably
one of the dumbest things we've done yet. It was like Fort Knox getting
in there! His cat is 19 years old, and lazier than all get out. But, he
said he'd take us out to dinner... So, I guess it's a fair trade.
All
week, I have had this artistic craze. I don'
t know where it came from,
but I have it. I call it the Doodlebug Disease. There is a pizza place
down here called MOD Pizza. It's like Subway, but for Pizza!! So, YES
PLEASE! We go every Wednesday after District Council. So, I started getting crazy with the logo. Haha
Now for more spiritual things...
As
I have been studying this week, my favorite topic to study is that of
the Pre-Earth Life and our Post-Mortal Life. These topics fascinate me,
and are so much fun to study!
In
our Pre-Earth Life, we lived with God. We spoke to Him. We learned from
Him. And we wanted to become like Him. In order for us to do that, we
had to come to Earth. Everyone who is reading this voluntarily submitted
their "I volunteer as tribute" if you will... And now we are here.
Everyone chose to be here. And here we are!
After
we leave this life, we go into the Spirit World. We go to a spiritual
waiting room. A place where we continue to learn and grow as we wait for
the resurrection. This is a place for those spirit sons and daughters
of our loving Heavenly Father who didn't get to learn or more fully know
our Savior here on this Earth. As they are also taught, that is why
temple work is so important. No spirit can get baptized. That is our job
to help them.
Now,
after the Spirit World, we are re-united with our physical body and then
judged by our great Mediator, Jesus Christ. This is where we are placed
into the 3 different Kingdoms of Glory.
The
Celestial: The literal dwelling place of God and Jesus Christ. We must
be baptized, married for time and all eternity, have gone through the
temple and made sacred promises with God. Without anyone of these, we
cannot return to live in His presence.
The
Terrestrial: A place for those who lived great and honorable lives, but
who are not willing to live or accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
The Telestial: The resting place for those who continue to live in their sins and do not repent.
I love this doctrine! It is so simple! I hate math, but this equation is the one for me!
Live God's commandments = Live with God
I love all of you! Have a great week!
-Elder J.T.Yates
My doodles that I have been experimenting with
We were able to get up inside the roof at the church building. 10/10
would not recommend if it is summer time. We were sweating buckets!
Some ridiculously nice cars. Worth more than all of my possessions combined.
Ghetto houses in front of modern apartments
A flippin' sweet sunset at the MetroRail station








No comments:
Post a Comment