The biggest tender mercy
that I saw this week was when we were at the Beechnut Building having
our Zone Leadership meeting. During the meeting, I had a very strong
impression that whatever I am doing here, will help and benefit my
family in the future. This is something that I look forward to, but know
that the harder that I work, the better my life after the mission will
be!
Of course, the actual best tender mercy was
talking to my mom! I was getting so impatient throughout the week, and
when it finally arrived, my heart was filled with all those emotions and
feelings previously described.
Like the Primary song
says... "Like sunshine in the morning that wakens day from night, like
flowers in the springtime so colorful and bright, like happy songs
bluebirds that fill the air with cheer, A person bright and lovely is my
mother dear."
I love being able to talk to my momma!
She truly does bring sunshine and joy into my soul! Having a strong
mother figure in my life has made all the difference! I love my mom! I
love the mother figures who have also been guiding me throughout my
life! I want to thank all of you! Momma Yates, Aunt Stacey, Grandma
Yates and Metcalf. All of you have pushed me to become better, and
because of that... Here I am!
From a conference
talk in October 2015 called "Behold Thy Mother" from Elder Jefferey R.
Holland, he puts the divine calling of a mother in a way I couldn't ever
say better. He says, "No love in mortality comes closer to
approximating the pure love of Jesus Christ than the selfless love a
devoted mother has for her child." This is such a true statement. A
mother's love is so much closer to that of Christ's love for all of us!
In Alma 56:47-48, it says...
"47
Now they never had fought, yet they did not fear death; and they did
think more upon the liberty of their fathers than they did upon their
lives; yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not
doubt, God would deliver them.
48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."
48 And they rehearsed unto me the words of their mothers, saying: We do not doubt our mothers knew it."
I
love this story! It is such a great show of love and respect to their
mothers. These some two thousand young men, who had never fought in
their life, knew that if and when they would listen to the teachings of
their mothers, they would not perish. Oh how true this is!
My
own mother has warned me and helped me become better throughout my life
and continues to lead and guide me almost 1,500 miles away! How blessed
are mothers? How blessed are we? I love my mother, and all she does for
me!
So, to all of you mothers out there reading this, Happy Mothers Day! And to all the rest of you, Happy regular Monday! Haha, I love you all!!
-Elder J.T.Yates
Mr. Business Man Yates




No comments:
Post a Comment