Saturday, July 29, 2017

Which means most to you?

Well, where do I start??

How about at the beginning? Sure? Alright, sounds good!
So, to start off... When we got to the Mission Office on Monday, I was freaking out! Haha, Elder Smedley was leaving, I was getting a greenie, and I didn't feel good enough. But, like my email last week said, I know that any and ALL callings that anyone receives in the church are called by God! So, what do we have to worry about? Absolutely nothing! So, after we go to the Mission Office, we walked around and took pictures with all of our favorite Elders in the area. Man, that was weird seeing everyone again! We were able to see all the fresh new missionaries climb out of the van and run through the huge line of missionaries. After they had all gotten situated, the trainers went inside and met up with them. I was assigned to train Elder Smith! He is from Lancaster California. Man, I was excited to see who I got to train!

Training is one of the most taxing things you can do as a missionary. Not as bad as DL, ZL, or AP. But, it really tests your faith. And it has tested mine. The greatest part about everything that has happened to me in the last 3 almost 4 months, is the relationship I have been able to build with my Savoir. We had an awesome District Council where I was asked a question in our Role-Plays. I was asked what my favorite term for Jesus Christ was. That kind of caught me off guard! But, I thought about it for a second, and decided on Advocate. I love this term because of the thoughts that I have behind the word. Christ is our Advocate to our Heavenly Father. He pleads for us when we do something bad, and celebrates with us when live and honor God's commandments. I love having Him as my representative. Because He lives, I will always have someone I can count on for help, guidance, strength, and support.

So, just like the heading says, which title of Jesus Christ has the most meaning to you? Which one gives you the drive to keep going? Which one helps you know that you are a son/daughter of God and will always have a place in His kingdom? I can't help but say that each and every one of you reading this knows what I am saying. So, that is your homework this week! Go into the Index and look up Jesus Christ. Find a title that you feel has affected you most, and tell me! I love to hear how people are doing with their testimony, and how I can help! I love each and every one of you!

- Elder Yates

1) From Left to Right: Elder Hanchett w/ Elder Whetzel, Elder Yates w/ Elder Smith, Elder Gillies w/ Elder Johnson, and Sister Hererra w/ Sister Bodily. (Everyone from my MTC District was called to be trainers)
4) Domingo after getting ordained to the office of a Priest and receiving the Aaronic Priesthood!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment