Monday, July 10, 2017

The Good, The Bad, The Baptized

Well, this week was both good and bad.

Toward the beginning, we were trying to get Domingo as prepared for baptism as we could. We taught him 2 twice this week, and both times he expressed to us how cool it has felt to have his baptism coming up. 

On the 4th of July, we showed up to do service for a guy in the other ward, we all got a text 15 minutes we were all supposed to meet, he said he had done everything by himself, so we went to Shipley Do-nuts. After that, we went and played kickball with the ward-members. That night, we had a Root-Beer party at the church, and couldn't actually stay and watch fireworks because they started at 9:15, and our curfew is 9.

On Saturday, DOMINGO GOT BAPTIZED!!! He was telling us that he has never been more happy about anything in his entire life! Neither have I!! I was able to see someone come closer to Christ, let alone being baptized! The spirit was so strong that day!

Finally, on Sunday. Domingo Noriega Jr. was confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and was given the gift of the Holy Ghost! He said that when we all placed our hands on his head, he felt the spirit go from his throat down to his finger-tips. I have always wanted to know what that feels like! Sometimes, I wish I could be re-baptized... Hahaha

-Elder Yates

Domingo after his baptism.

 Our AC broke, so it was 78 degrees at 10:21 at night.

Elder Smedley and I on his last P-Day

No comments:

Post a Comment