Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Judge not, that ye be not judged. - Matthew 7:1


Oh boy, this week was frustrating...
Almost every appointment fell through (members included), we had to drop our ONLY progressing investigator, and we haven't been able to find ANY new investigators this week.
I tell you what! If I have learned anything on the mission so far, it's that the Lord sure does know our weaknesses! For any of you that don't know me very well, I am not that patient of a person. So, when we couldn't get anyone to talk to us, come to church, etc. You can imagine that I was a little upset and didn't know why we weren't having any "success".

But, from what we have been focusing a lot on lately as a companionship has been not judging how successful we are compared to other companionships. In the Sermon on the Mount, Christ teaches all about how we need not judge others, and instead ask of God. As I was studying this chapter lately, I realized that he says the EXACT SAME WORDS in 3 Nephi 14! He comes to the Americas after His resurrection, and gives the same Sermon again! So how important is it if the Savior Himself gave it twice? Pretty darn important!

How many of us judge others? The answer should be everyone! No one has gone through their lives without judging anyone! And that is the tricky part! Our goal should be to best represent the Savior, Jesus Christ, and emulate all of His qualities as we serve in His church!

So, even thought this week was a little disappointing, I have learned that as we judge not, and look inside ourselves to see how we can improve, God will bless us by "making weak things become strong unto us." - Ether 12:27. I just love the scriptures, and am sad that I didn't study them more before I left, so here is my challenge to all y'all! Read at least 1 chapter of the Book of Mormon EVERY DAY!

So, will y'all do that? And, this isn't an invitation coming from Elder Yates... This is an invitation coming from Christ Himself! He knows that when you do this, you will become so much closer to him that you ever thought possible! And, I can promise those blessings and more, because I have seen that happen in my life!

-Elder Yates





The Houston, Texas Temple with its pure beauty!



 An absolutely amazing sunset.




Elder Smith and I on our bikes. (With my super awkward face)



The newest edition to our food collection! Hebanaro salsa!!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment