I have loved my mission. I'd like to say everyday of it, but there were some hard days that I wish I never had, but because of those days I am stronger. My mission has been the best experience of my life because of it. I want to write a list about things I have learned while being away from home for 2 years. So here we go!
~ I've learned who my Savior is, what He has done for me, and why He did it all.
~ I learned to appreciate the simple doctrine before the deep doctrine.
~ I learned how to cook Ramen noodles about 5 different ways.
~ Here in Houston, it is possible to sweat without moving.
~ 8 hours of sleep really make a difference in your day, compared to 6 or 7.
~ I have learned to say hello or some form of a greeting in over 10 languages.
~ Everything really is bigger in Texas.
~ In Utah, we grill. In Texas, we Barbecue.
~ I now know what Grace actually is, and that His Grace truly is sufficient for all of us.
~ Being a disciple of Jesus Christ also means giving up some things you like to do, to then better follow Jesus Christ.
~ I understand what the Doctrine of Christ is and how it can and will help us.
~ Utah isn't the only state with bipolar weather.
~ Driving from my current apartment to Lehi, UT would take a little over 23 hours. 10 of those hours are spent driving in Texas. Texas is HUGE.
~ Methodists are a lot nicer than Baptists.
~ Jehovah's Witnesses don't actually know what they are talking about.
~ Hebrew Isrealites are the most racist people you will ever meet...
~ I've learned how to be 100% responsible.
~ I still don't like running.
~ I have learned what type of person I really am.
~ As a missionary, you are given a very special mantle. One that can also be taken away very quickly if you do not qualify.
Well, if you want to email me. Send me a message on Facebook, Instagram, or through text.
Facebook: Jacek Yates
Instagram: basick_jacek
Cell phone: (801) 921-0282
-Elder J.T.Yates
A good Texas Sunrise
The legendary Brother Smith
The keystone of our religion.
We found Lehi Roller Mills brand down her in Texas!!!
A wild Elder Yates looking for his next person to be taught.
Should we go "this way"? Or "that way"?






No comments:
Post a Comment