Again, I feel like I have no time. As I come closer to the end of my time here in Houston, I feel the Spirit helping me to work hard. I know so many people missionary or not who have somewhat given up towards the end of their goals. Should that be working out, finishing a mission, or just simply working at a job. But, I know that as we make that decision to turn our lives to God, He helps us stay focused and positive.
This last week flew by! For multiple reasons, but the biggest and most influential was hearing a member of the Quorum of the 70 speak to us. We were blessed to hear from Elder Lynn G. Robbins for 3 days. I took many notes and many of his words resonated with me at a spiritual level. But the biggest was how he taught so simply our responsibility to choose to be 100% responsible.
When we are 100% responsible, we show the Lord that we take full responsibility for everything that happens around us. Elder Robbins wrote a talk called "Be 100 Percent Responsible". I have included the link to it below.
Elder Robbins made a list deemed the "Anti-Responsibility List". We as missionaries in the great Texas Houston South Mission read and use this list daily to help us in our missionary efforts. We know that as we stay off this list and be 100% responsible, we are going to be blessed not only spiritually, but in our relationships with others(family, friends, and others), our work life, and our relationship with God. We will no longer be making excuses, hiding from responsibilities, or blaming others.
I have seen this way too much in my own life, and regret not changing how I communicate with people. But, there is always hope and always a way to improve! I challenge all of you to read and/or listen to this talk, and then commit to live a more Christ-centered life by staying as far away from the AR list! And I know how we all work, so your first thought of why you "shouldn't" or "don't want to" participate in this challenge is actually being on the AR list! It's a slippery slope and a loophole that is hard to get out of. But, I promise that the Lord will help you!
One more quote from Elder Robbins this last week, "The moment you remove the Anti-Responsibility List from your life, is the moment you are on your way to becoming a champion."
I just want to express how grateful I am for all of you, and for your examples to me of strength and integrity! I know that this church is true. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that there is a living Prophet on the Earth today that leads and guides all of us into righteousness. And I know that the only way to return to live with God and Jesus Christ in their presence is through this Gospel.I have come to know all of this by the Spirit and through studying, pondering, and praying.
I love all of you!!
-Elder J.T.Yates
Elder Robbins giving us a sermon of a lifetime!
The terrible trio!
This is the last time we will see each other before we go home.
I got permission to visit with one of my relatives who lives in the area,
and they gave me this plaque. #Blessed
I got to see Domingo again!! I was so blessed to see him
in person one more time before I go home.
You know you're in the South when...
My first son, Elder Smith. I will miss my boy!
I was completing some computer work,
and snapped this beauty of a Elder Bovee







No comments:
Post a Comment