Monday, January 14, 2019

The Trifecta is complete!

Well that's it folks! It's official... I am transferring out of Baybrook. I am actually currently sitting in my new area with my new companion. I have been transferred to the Maplewood 2nd Ward with Elder Hanchett. He came into the mission with Elder Smith and Elder Gillies(My 2nd and 3rd companions). I will be biking around town again! It is really cool to be back in the city, or at least around it. I will really miss the Baybrook Ward.
Alright, so to explain my email title. Out of the 3 Elders that stayed here in Texas from my MTC group(Elder Johnson, Elder Whetzel, and myself), we all trained right out of being in training and here is how it went...

Elder Whetzel -- trained Elder Hanchett
Elder Johnson -- trained Elder Gillies
Elder Yates -- trained Elder Smith

So, I have been companions with Elder Smith and Elder Gillies. Elder Hanchett has been companions with Elder Whetzel and Elder Johnson. That only left Elder Hanchett and I to be companions. And BOOM! Here we are! Again, the Trifecta is complete!

Anyways, let's get down to business. This week was so good! I had the inkling notion that I was leaving for a few weeks, but I wanted to work my hardest in Baybrook. I can say that I didn't work as hard as I had wanted to, but what I can say is that there was a 1% improvement! :)

I was reading in the Book of Mormon this week, and this scripture stuck out to me. It is 2 Nephi 28:30 "For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom..." 

I love this verse and it's simple teachings! As we do things line upon line and precept upon precept, the Lord truly does bless us. This week might have been just one thing that I improved on, but it is an improvement nonetheless! :) 

As we are now starting our 3rd week in January, I invite you to think about what you can do this week to improve. Now after you have thought about it, I invite you to tell someone else to help keep yourself accountable.

Love all y'all! :)


My last District Council in the Alvin Elder's Quorum

 I forgot to send this last week, but this is Elder Bell and I
 chilling in a storm overflow drain.



 Elder Bell and I in our last photos of being the 
original Baybrook Biking Babes


No comments:

Post a Comment