Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Sing praises to His name

Well hey there friends and fam! I can't believe that Christmas is only 8 days away... This week was pretty good. There were definitely days that felt like they lasted about the entirety of my mission, but we got through them! The work in the Baybrook Ward is going well, we just had a baptism yesterday night for a 9 year old! He is super awesome! He is the son of a returning less-active member, and loves the gospel! More good things to come! 

During the week, I was thinking about why I am on a mission. My answer came to me, as it always does, "Because I love Jesus Christ." I truly do! I love my Savior, Jesus Christ!

With the Christmas season being upon us, and the day we remember our Savior's birth being a little over a week away, I want to talk about why I am grateful for Him. Being grateful has been one of my week points throughout my life. I have been able to develop that a lot more since being on the mission, and being so close to the Spirit all the time!

~ He gave me the option to return to live with Him and our Heavenly Father again
~ I can be forgiven of all my sins
~ His grace is sufficient for everything that I do

These are a few of the things that I am grateful for that my Savior, Jesus Christ gave me! I know this is a very short email in comparison to others that I have sent, but I wanted to give you more time for my invitation! ;)

Will all of you reading this, write down a list of things that you are grateful for? In particular, things your are grateful that your Savior has given you? I can promise in the name of Jesus Christ that as you do this, your love for Him will increase far more than you would think.

I love the Lord Jesus Christ, and I love all of you!

-Elder J.T.Yates

Elder Smith, Nilsson, and I biking around Baybrook.

A freaky little bug outside our apartment.

 Elder Nilsson crashed, so you know I had to get photos of it.

Elder Bell and I with our boi Kenny before his baptism!!






No comments:

Post a Comment