Monday, November 5, 2018

My Testimony

"I have a Testimony,
that is sacred, and dear to me.
One that lies within my soul.
One that you cannot see."

-Alvin Schow

Brothers and Sisters! Today, I want to share my testimony with all y'all! 

First, let me start by saying how blessed this week was! At the beginning of the week, I somewhat looked at our week ahead and thought, "Oh boy... This is going to be a long week." But as it turns out, the week flew by and a lot got done!

As all of you should know, and if you dont I would reccommend to learn, but this week was Halloween! And that means that Missionary Work didn't actually get done. President Guthrie asked us to be inside by 7:30 that night, which was a little strange. But, we were productive! So, all is well.

One of the best parts of this week for me, was that we got to finish setting up those Halloween decorations for that one lady I was telling y'all about last week. And, it definitely doesn't look as good as it did last year from the pictures that we saw, but I was proud of our work!

On Friday, we were able to go to the Mission Office for the "Atonement Training" presented to us by President Guthrie. I am so super grateful for him, his leadership, his example, and his worthiness to hold the Spirit and the Priesthood.

Bretheren and Sisteren, my testimony is simple. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know that He leads this church, which is the only true and living church on the Earth today. I know that The Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that Joseph Smith was a Prophet in these the last days. I know that what I am doing is hard, but it is worth it!

I promise to all of you reading this... This is worth it! This is the Lord Jesus Christ's church restored on the Earth today! Why anyone would leave it, is such a silly notion. But, I promise and testify in the name of Jesus Christ that as you continue to have faith in Him, and then exercise that faith by repenting, making and keeping covenants, being lead and purified by the Holy Ghost, and continue throughout your life to live these basic truths, YOU WILL BE HAPPIER THAN YOU HAVE EVER BEEN!!!

Brothers and Sisters, this is not a 200 year joke that we have been playing on the world. This is the Lord's Church, Gospel, and teachings. I love this work, and I know it to be true.

-Elder J.T.Yates

Elder Whetzel and I got to see each other again on Friday!

Elder Bell in the middle of a super nasty rain storm. Haha

A massive branch that got knocked down because of the storm.

Me in front of the super schweeet Halloween decorations we put up!

One of my new best friends, who is also a decoration. Haha




No comments:

Post a Comment