Monday, November 12, 2018

Forge The Flame of Faith

Well hello there! Long time no talk! :) Again, I feel as if I have been teleported through another week. All those returned missionaries who told me that the last part of the mission flys by... Were... So... Right!! 

This week was good in terms of those "afflictions", they have subdued for the time being, and I don't worry about them as much. They are still there, but It isn't something that I concern myself with too much because I know WHO I am doing this for. Jesus Christ Himself that's who! :) 

We learn in the scriptures that when the Lord returns again, those who will stand before him will be those who have gone through the "Refiner's Fire". As we go through life, we are all faced with challenges. No one can escape them, but everyone can overcome them!

With going through our lives being purified and refined, we become that priceless work of art formed by the Master's hand. The one that we have so desired throughout our lives. I know that this is possible!

As of late, these "afflictions" have been mostly my legs not being able to keep the same pace throughout the week. Being in an all-bike area, your legs become stronger, but they also take a while to get there. Right now, I am in the stage of becoming stronger and slowly but surely I will get there!

I love these verses! I love being able to understand that all these wonderful afflictions will "but surely come to pass". As my dear friend Domingo Noriega once said to me. 

I can testify, that no matter what you are going through, you can get through it! YOU CAN DO IT!! The Lord loves you! I love you! There are spirits in the Spirit World cheering you on! Keep on it, and don't give up. Know that you can do all things! 

I know that as you continue to study the scriptures, pray fervently to our Loving Heavenly Father, and always make and keep covenants with God, you WILL be refined! You WILL be made better! You WILL be made whole! I love you all!!

-Elder J.T.Yates



Elder Bell and I were blessed to participate in the Baybrook Cupcake Wars! 
We were able to judge(eat) the cupcakes!

One of the biggest movie collections I have ever seen!
 Also, they are all alphabetized.

Some of the best Rib-eye & Baked potato that I have ever had in my life! 


No comments:

Post a Comment