Monday, November 27, 2017

In His hands

There have been so many times on my mission that I have felt like crap after to talking to someone who just rips into you with their beliefs and how mine are "wrong" or "not thought through". I just want to tell them that they don't know what they are talking about and start to Bible-bash. But, by doing that, the Holy Ghost is drawn from us and we are left without His guidance. Every time that I end up feeling like that, there are a lot of ways that I have used to fell better about myself and the work that I am doing, but the one that is most useful is asking myself this question... "Know ye not that are in the hands of God?" This quote comes from a verse in the Book of Mormon. Mormon 5:23. As I was trying to find some good "pump-up" scriptures, this one came across me as the best suited for me. 

Do you know that are in the hands of God? When you feel like quitting, do you remember how much He loves you and wants you to succeed? I can promise you that you will always be watched over and guided as you live His commandments.

My challenge for all of you this week is to think of how the Lord's hand is in your life, and then to write it down! Writing things down make it so much easier to remember them and apply them in our lives. As you write these down, share them with your friends, family, co-workers, etc. That way, y'all can get a little bit of missionary work in your day-to-day lives! ;)

- Elder J.T.Yates
 
A home-made blueberry pie from one of our investigators
 
My hair looking like Wolverine!
 
Elder Gillies and I rocking the solar shades
 
  Super hilarious sign outside of one of the members in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment