Tuesday, October 31, 2017

The Sun's gonna come up!

This week was pretty decent. We had doors slammed in our faces more than I'd like to count and we had people yell at us asking for our "Soliciting Permit". On the good side, we were able to have Elder Russell with us for 3 days! He is one of the APs. He is in is last transfer, and he has been going around to missionaries and seeing how they are progressing. We had a bomb lesson with a couple drunk people who kept prying and trying to ask if we still practice polygamy... Hahaha, funny stuff!

But, I know that through this roller coaster of a life that we live in, there is always something that can brighten our days. That's our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

In the book of 3 Nephi and in the 8th chapter, the people are shown the sign of Christ's crucifixion. There is so much darkness that they can't even light candles, torches, or spark can be seen. Can you imagine how scared these people were?? No light for the space of three days! None whatsoever!

As these people were terrified, the voice of Christ came and told them about what had happened. Christ then appeared to the people of the America's. As he appeared the very first thing that he said was... "And behold, I am the light and the life of the world;". To calm their fears, He said that He was the LIGHT and the life of the world! I love this!

As we are going through our life, and it seems to be too dark for us to continue, just remember that Jesus Christ is our light! Just like the Nephites of old, I bear my testimony of the infinitely reaching light of Christ's Atonement. I know that He lives. I know that He is always there for us. And I know that this is the only true church on the Earth.

- Elder J. T. Yates
 So, we went running up Kemah Bridge for our exercise on Thursday morning when we had Elder Russell with us. These are the photos and stages of the sunrise overlooking Galveston Bay...





 1) Elder Newby and I. (My previous Zone Leader)

2&3) Elder Russell in all his 6 foot 8 inch glory!

4) My bed and wall of amazingness






No comments:

Post a Comment