As
we go through our daily/weekly/monthly lives, how often do we sit down
and ponder what we have read in the scriptures? Like Moroni's promise in
Moroni 10:3-5, if we read, ponder, and pray SINCERELY, we will receive
an answer that it is true! It has been promised by a Prophet of old, as
well as our current Prophet and Apostles that the scriptures can and
will give us answers to anything and everything that we want. WE just
have to put the work into it!
The work is hard
here in Houston, but it is even more hard for y'all at home. Our
testimony is being attacked from EVERY angle that the deceiver can think
of! Are we fighting against these attacks, or are we just giving in?
In 1 Nephi 15:24 it says: "And I said unto them that it was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word o f God, and would hold fast unt o it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the ad versary overpower them unto bl indness, to lead them away to destruction."
As
we CONTINUOUSLY feast upon the words of God, we are strengthened
against those fiery darts of the adversary. Do we want to defend
ourselves?
I sure as heaven do! So as I feast upon the words of Christ, I know that they tell me ALL thing which I should do!
My challenge to y'all is to read 2 Nephi 31:19-21, then ponder on what you read, and email me back with what you got out of it.
I love all of you! Keep being those Disciples that I know you can be!
- Elder Yates
(we obtained one picture this week from Elder Yates' new companion's mom, say hello to Elder Gillies!) :
No comments:
Post a Comment