As a missionary, you learn to adapt to what you have
been given really quickly. There are always new things that are thrown
(or slammed) in front of you. If you can't adapt to what you have been
given, it's really hard to be able to perform missionary work to the
best of your abilities. This past week, well I guess two weeks, I have
been having a lot of self-reflection. I have had to look at where I am
standing in my own personal testimony, how my relationship is with my
Heavenly Father, and if I have been using the Atonement in my life.
The
Atonement is commonly connected with BIG sins, but from what I have
learned and from what I have been able to understand is that The Atonement is
the greatest tool to our own conversion. A quote that I have always
loved from President Gordon B. Hinckley is: "You never truly fail, until
you have quit trying.". How many times do we feel like we have failed?
How many times do we feel like there isn't any hope... "I've already
gone too far, might as well just give up". I have felt all of these
multiple times in my life. But, as I have adapted to the mission field,
it required me to utilize the Infinite Atonement of Jesus Christ.
Now my question that I pose is this: Have you given up?
Because
I can promise, our Lord and Savior hasn't given upon us! I can promise
this as a representative of Jesus Christ. Never give up on yourself,
because the Savior will NEVER give up on anyone!
- Elder YatesBelow are some pictures of Jacek, just being Jacek!
1) My impression on Donny Trump
2) Me as a semi-normal human being
3) Me, Elder Lofgran, The GREATEST Mission President of all time!, Elder Bovee, and Elder Smith (wearing donated t-shirts from a local college, just because)
4) Me as a not-so-normal human being! Haha
Elder Yates, Pres. Barrow (my cousin, and former MP of the Busan, Korea Mission), Elder Smith
No comments:
Post a Comment