Monday, June 5, 2017

Gators and Investigators

This week was awesome! We went to Brasso's Bend State Park (Alligator Park), invited like a million people to come to church, and sweat more than I thought humanly possible... 
 
I know that Heavenly Father has been helping out because, there is NO way I could survive this heat and humidity without his help!
 
Something that we taught an investigator this week, was about Peter and the boat. His name is Domingo, he had been progressing really well, and then out of no where just texted and dropped us! He said that he was perfectly fine with his Catholic faith... So, we went over and had a rescue lesson. The Lord just schwacked him with the spirit and told him to follow Jesus instead of going back to the "boat" of comfort with his Catholic faith. We know that the Lord was with us, because he agreed to come to church, and he actually showed up!
 
When we went to the Alligator park, we didn't see any for the first mile of our walk, then about halfway through it, there were like 4 ON THE PATHS!! It was so cool!! The members that took us had brought their dog, and I thought that it was going to be eaten like 3 times. 
 
One thing I miss about home is the cold... The heat here is just ALL the time. Even when it rains, it is just hot rain. This little Utah boy was not ready for the Houston weather, that's for sure!

Elder Yates

No comments:

Post a Comment