Monday, June 12, 2017

1 Transfer Down!!

This week flew by, but felt slow during the day. We started transfer #2!!! I can't believe I have made it a full transfer out here already! Every time I tell someone that it is hot or getting hotter, their response is the usual "You haven't felt anything yet Elder!". After hearing this at least 15 times a day, it gets pretty annoying. Oh well... 

After having 1 transfer under my belt, it just makes me even more excited about staying out here on the mission!

I just absolutely love this work. It is already the hardest thing I have ever had to experience. But, from what I have seen it is the most blessings and spiritual help ever! 

Something I have learned recently was that this "battle" that we have been fighting, is the Lord's. Everything that we do in this life may seem hard or useless. But, the battle is already won! The Lord has already pre-destined us to win!! This puts everything in perspective for me! I don't have to worry about having doors slammed in my face, people yelling at me, completely ignoring me, etc. I know that The Lord will help us through these trials if we put in the effort and faith.

Ether 12:12 - We need to make sure to put forth our efforts and faith if we want to have miracles brought about in our lives. This scripture has also helped me out a lot when focusing on missionary work.

There are so many blessings that come from faith and action on faith. The challenge for y'all is going to be sharing a "B.O.M." or "Scripture Bomb" with people. It is super easy! All you have to do is read the Book of Mormon every day, and pick out a scripture that has meaning in your life. Once you find it, you now have it ready to share with whoever may come into your path during the day or week. Do this once a week! Just once! I promise the Lord will bless you for your efforts!

-Elder Yates

1) I forgot to show my photo with my friend "Jack" at the Alligator park.


2) When the city of Sienna plans perfectly for you to park your bikes.


 3) Another super pretty sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment