A short email from Elder Yates (no pictures this week):
"Well, I made it to Houston! I can't believe this cold weather here!
upper 80's! Freezing! Haha, anyways it has definitely been a challenge
here. The schedule has been the hardest thing so far for me. The people
here are all super nice! Even when they slam doors! Haha, 50% of the
people we knock doors for, are Spanish. Luckily, my companion was Spanish speaking his whole mission until now, so he can speak to them.
In
the past week of being here, I have learned the true way to have
"Mighty Prayers". I have said the longest/hardest/thoughtful prayers
ever! I have been relying on the Lord for everything in my life. Both at
night and in the morning, has been the best prayers of the day. I have
also learned that the less repetitive your prayers are, the more
meaningful they are. I still need to work on this aspect.
Our
ward that we are in is super nice! We have been fed twice already, and
it was baked chicken and pizza. Not very Texan, but any of you that know
me, understands my love for pizza! The ward split less than a month
ago, lost half of their members, and still sits just under 100 members.
About half of those are converts within the last 5 years. So it's quite
the interesting mix of members.
I forgot my card reader. Oops. Sorry for the short email, but just
remember to keep having those mighty prayers in your life, and you will
be blessed!
Oh! and if you want to send packages, send them to the mission office. and letters come to my apartment:
6303 Sienna Ranch Rd. Apt. 1120
Missouri City, TX 77459-4884
(His companion is Elder Smedley who is leaving to go home in 3 months, which should be a FUN 3 months! Haha!)
No comments:
Post a Comment