Thursday, April 13, 2017

The Wait is OVER! (P-day finally came)



Hello everybody from the MTC! Today is my first P-Day, (Thursday) which kinda sucked, because we almost ran out of clean clothes. Haha, I love the MTC so much! All of the lessons that we have been taught so far have been such a good learning experience for me and all of us here! We have been focusing on teaching the gospel in plainness so that when we teach our investigators, we aren't speaking Mormonese the whole time and they can understand complex subjects. Teaching this way has also helped me understand the entirety of the gospel in its most simple form.

I love this gospel and the message that it brings! If you ever have a question about this gospel and what it holds, always turn to the Lord, and to the Book of Mormon in Prayer. The Holy Ghost speaks to us all very differently, but to me he speaks in a very calming and soothing wave of peace.

As a MTC missionary, we have the opportunity to teach investigators, the first one we teach is a literal brick wall. He is a very hard man to get through to, but I think my comp and I are getting him to open up more! Our second investigator is an awesome dude! He isn't a member, but has a girlfriend who is a member, soooooo while in our second lesson, I felt the spirit telling me to ask him to be baptized, SO I DID!!! I felt the spirit so strong in that lesson, and Heavenly Father's love for all of us!

I am very excited for this upcoming Easter Sunday! We have learned so much about the Atonement here! So, we have watched almost every Easter video on gospel library. My favorite is still the video called "Because of Him". Go watch it, think about what the video said, and then try and think how you can better your life because of what he did for us. The MTC President, Pres. Martino, has told us that we are going to have the opportunity to hear one of the 12 apostles one Sunday, so you can only imagine the excitement that all of us are having here!

Anyways, I know that all of you are loved so very much by our Heavenly Father, never forget what He has planned for us, and never forget to pray in times of need.

-Elder Yates


1) Elder Whetzel and I standing in the MTC halls

2) our ver organized and decorated desk

3) Our zone in front of the Provo Temple on Sunday.
      (I would tell y'all their names, but that'd take too long, haha)



Just love, love, love this boy and we are so happy for him!






No comments:

Post a Comment