Monday, December 11, 2017

Small acts, BIG miracles

This week was another one of constant confusion. 2 weeks ago, our mission was one of the first 5 missions in the United States to receive smartphones. Which has really made missionary work easier for us. But, it has been a hard transition from paper copies of everything to digital. It's crazy the amount of trust the Lord has in this generation of missionaries. I feel like I don't live up to His trust, and then he hands me something else.

As we have been going through the past records, there are so many times that I have seen small miracles that have been seen in this part of the Lord's vineyard. It feels like I am not making a difference at times, and I know that I have felt that before in the past, and that some of you feel that way now. But, I can promise you that these feelings in our lives are not true!

In Doctrine & Covenants 18:15 it says:

15 "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"

My experience on a mission has only been 8 months, but I know that through these small efforts that I am performing, large miracles are taking place. I have talked to so many converts of the church who through a life lived in the shadows, are brought to the light by our love and devotion to Christ. Performing service truly brings joy unto our hearts.

I love the Savior. I love this Christmas season. This year, join me in continuing to "Light The World" through service. If you haven't already been doing it, join along and share the blessings of this Gospel. If you are already doing this, keep sharing the light of Christ and show Him how much we can do to give back to Him during this season.

- Elder J.T.Yates
Elder Gillies and I built a snowman! In flippin' Texas of all places!

Elder Whetzel and I after some service with the Salvation Army. With some eggs and Elder Ledezma photobombing.

The Salvation Army's setup for their Christmas service.

A Chinese Buffet that we ate at after a different service. With some fresh squid! Tasty!

A couple of cool Texas Elders!













No comments:

Post a Comment